It's a pleasure welcoming you here on www.cima.institute
Just as we are committed to providing you information that is correct, updated, and accurate, and which helps you understand our organization, our certification mechanism, our partnering processes, our services and business principles clearly, we are equally conscious of our responsibility to ensure full security and confidentiality of all information that we may collect from you during the course of your interface with our website.
- Through our social media pages that are directly or indirectly connected to this website
- Through our digital advertisements
The collection and use of information through cookies or other web tracking technologies have been listed in section 1.2.
1. TYPE OF INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
1.1 The Information You Share Voluntarily
- Personal Information such as your name, email address, date of birth, gender, address, phone number, education, work details, etc. that you exclusively provide.
- Identity Verification Information such as images of your government-issued ID, passport, national ID card, or driving license, as permitted by applicable laws, or other authentication information that you provide if and when sought for.
- Financial Information like your bank account or credit card information in order to process payments and comply with applicable law.
- Communications with us via email or any other media including (but not restricted to) social media might result in the collection of information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
1.2 The Automatically-Collected Information
- Usage and geo-location information: When using our website, our platforms, and our payment services, we may automatically collect information like Geo-location, IP address, usage information like pages or the content you view, your searches, etc.
- Log Data and Device Information: We may automatically collect log data and device information such as access dates and times, hardware and software information, or device information when you access our websites on any of our platforms.
1.3 Information from Third Parties
- Third Party Services: To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or fraud detection information, from third-party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive background check results (with your consent where required) or fraud warnings from service providers like identity verification services for our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off our websites and platforms through partnerships, or about your experiences and interactions from our partner ad networks.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
2.1 We Use Personal Information Only for Legitimate Business Purposes Including:
- Functionalizing our credentialing, certification, partnering, and other Services for you; facilitating you in your application for our Services, and fulfilling specific requests you may have made for assistance.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, when you contact us via one of our online contact forms or otherwise, for example, when you send us questions, suggestions, compliments, or complaints, or when you request other information.
- To complete your transactions, and provide you with related services or communications.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our offerings, terms, conditions, and policies.
- To allow you to send messages to another person if you choose to do so.
- To send you promotional emails, with information about our services, offerings, new initiatives, and other news about our organization and its subsidiaries.
- To facilitate social sharing functionalities that you choose to use.
- To analyze Personal Information for business reporting and providing a personalized experience.
- To analyze or predict our users’ preferences in order to prepare various aggregated reports on how our digital content is used, so we can improve our Services.
- To better understand you, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers customized to your interests.
- To better understand your preferences so that we can deliver content via our Services that we believe will be relevant and interesting to you.
We will engage in these activities always where we have a legitimate business interest only, with your consent whenever possible. You may, at any time, withdraw your consent by unsubscribing through the link given in our emails. In case you choose to unsubscribe, we will not process your Personal Data unless legally required to do so by relevant authorities.
2.2 Right to Manage Your Personal Information
If you wish to review, correct, update, restrict or remove your Personal Information that you have previously provided to us or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another entity, please contact us at [email protected]. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
3. COMPLIANCE WITH LAW, RESPONDING TO LEGAL REQUESTS, PREVENTING HARM, AND PROTECTION OF OUR RIGHTS
We may disclose your information, including personal information, to courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law, or if such a disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with our legal obligations; (ii) to comply with legal process and to respond to false claims asserted against us; (iii) to respond to verified requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you or any other of our users to legal liability; (iv) to enforce and administer our Terms of Service, the Payment Terms or other agreements with Members, or (v) to protect the rights, property or personal safety our employees, our members, or members of the public.
These disclosures may be necessary to comply with our legal obligations, for the protection of your or another person's vital interests, or for the purposes of our or a third party’s legitimate interest in keeping our platforms secure, preventing harm or crime, enforcing, or defending legal rights, or preventing damage.
We do not intend for our websites or online services to be used by anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we may have collected information about a child, please contact us at [email protected]